Monday 21 July 2008

Farnborough International Air Show

Yesterday I went to the Farnborough International Air Show - it was fantastic.

Primarily I wanted to see the Red Arrows perform. I am in awe of their stunts, to me it is like watching rhythmic gymnastics, their coloured smoke is the equivalent of a gymnasts ribbon. They skip, jump and tumble in the air without falling or crashing, it is unbelievable.

Of course the first thing that occurs to me is how physically strong and fit the pilots must be, in particular their core strength. Whirling and tumbling around in the air at high speed must take its toll on the body and keeping in tip top condition would be paramount.

The Red Arrows also do fly bys, detail of which are usually posted on their website
http://www.raf.mod.uk/reds/

No comments: